What are the SuperNova Awards?
The Constellation SuperNova Awards are the first and only awards to celebrate the leaders and teams who have overcome the odds to successfully apply emerging and disruptive technologies for their organizations. We at Constellation know advancing the adoption of disruptive technology is not easy. Disruptive technology adoption often faces resistance from supporters of the status quo, myopia, and financial constraint. We believe actors fighting these forces to champion disruptive technology within their organizations help, not only their organizations, but society as a whole to realize the potential of new and emerging technologies.
This annual search for innovators includes an all star judging panel, substantial prizes, invite-only admission and speaking opportunities at Constellation's premier innovation summit - Connected Enterprise.
Who can enter?
The awards are open to end users only. End users at vendor companies may enter the awards. Vendors and agencies may submit on their customer's behalf but must enter their customer's details and have their approval. We will disqualify any vendor applications without end user contact information.
Who should enter?
If you have overcome the odds to successfully implement a disruptive technology solution in your organization, we want to hear your story! Special attention is paid to implementation stories involving overcoming adversity and resulting in business model transformation.
The SuperNova Awards application is a short application designed to highlight the achievements of the applicant. Preview the application and download a checklist of information required to apply for the Awards here.
The judging process is comprised of two phases.
Phase I: Judging panel reviews applications to determine SuperNova Award finalists
Phase II: Voting opens to the public. A combination of the public and judges votes will determine the winners of the SuperNova Awards. Judges votes are weighted at 75% of the total.
Winners are announced at the SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner during Connected Enterprise.
A notable list of technology thought leaders, analysts, and journalists will judge the SuperNova Awards. See the full list of judges here: http://constellationr.com/events/supernova/2014/judges
Award categories center around Constellation's business research themes. Award categories:
- Consumerization of IT & The New C-Suite
- Data to Decisions
- Digital Marketing Transformation
- Future of Work
- Matrix Commerce
- Next Generation Customer Experience
- Technology Optimization & Innovation
The SuperNova Award Winners will be announced live, on stage, at the SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner on October 29, 2014 on the first night of Constellation's Connected Enterprise.
Finalists in each category will be awarded one complimentary ticket to Constellation's Connected Enterprise.
Winners in each category will win a one-year subscription to Constellation’s Research Library.
TIMELINE & FAQS
- May 22, 2014 application process begins.
- August 1, 2014 last day for submissions.
- August 22, 2014 finalists announced and invited to Connected Enterprise.
- September 8, 2014 voting opens to the public
- October 1, 2014 polls close
- October 29, 2014 Winners announced, SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner at Connected Enterprise
Check back often as we'll be updating these FAQs frequently.
1. Can we submit our application for more than one category? Sure. Tailor your application for relevancy, and resubmit your application for each additional category.
2. I work for a vendor/PR firm, and want to submit a client for an award, how can I ensure the application isn't disqualified? You may submit an application for a client, but be sure to include the client's contact information on the application. We will disqualify any applications that do not include applicant contact information. You may add your contact information alongside your client's information.
3. Any insight into what you're looking for? We're looking for end users who overcame obstacles to implement disruptive technology at their organizations. We understand the trials of disruptive technology adoption, and we want to honor those who are making it happen within their organizations.
4. What are the elements of the Awards application? Preview a copy of the awards application here: http://constellationr.com/content/what-expect-when-applying-supernova-award. Review applications of previous SuperNova Award winners here: http://constellationr.com/content/2013-supernova-award-winners
5. Are there fees to enter the awards? Nope. Zip. Zero.
6. Portions of my submission are under NDA. Will you honor NDAs? You should not submit any information that is under NDA. The information in the application will be published to the Constellation website for public voting should you advance to the finalist round.
7. What is the difference between the "Metrics" and the "Results" section of the application?
The "Results" are the results of your project--before and after results work well here. We're looking for an explanation of how your project changed your organization, company, or industry. The "Metrics" are essentially the numbers to back the "Results" section of the application. We want to see numbers in the Metrics section.
8. Can international applicants apply for the Awards?
Yes! We accept international and domestic applications. The SuperNova Awards is a global search for the most innovative technology projects!